Monday and Tuesday were different stories. It so amusing how even though you think you are ready for a trip, in the last days before you think hundreds of things that you haven't gotten ready or packed. Eventually after much rummaging throughout the house I managed to get everything I need ( I think....) and pack it up. My parents also made a really nice steak dinner for my last day in town, and it was a really nice family meal.
Yesterday when I woke up I was so excited. After some last minute things and some toast I jumped in the car with my mother and brother and headed off the the airport. I have to note here that I am the oldest (my bro is in high school) and that I have never really gone far away for more that an month. While I am totally ready for it, my mom was having a slightly more emotional time about it. Up until this point there were no tears, but as we pulled out of the driveway I turned on that radio and quite possibly the worst song for my mom to hear at that moment was on.
She's gotta do what she's gotta do
And I've gotta like it or not
She's got dreams too big for this town
And she needs to give 'em a shot
Whatever they are
Looks like she's all ready to leave
Nothing left to pack
There ain't no room for me in that car
Even if she asked me to tag along
God I gotta be strong
She's at the startin' line of the rest of her life
As ready as she's ever been
Got the hunger and the stars in her eyes
The prize is hers to win
She's waitin' on my blessings before she hits that
open road
Baby get ready
Get set
And I've gotta like it or not
She's got dreams too big for this town
And she needs to give 'em a shot
Whatever they are
Looks like she's all ready to leave
Nothing left to pack
There ain't no room for me in that car
Even if she asked me to tag along
God I gotta be strong
She's at the startin' line of the rest of her life
As ready as she's ever been
Got the hunger and the stars in her eyes
The prize is hers to win
She's waitin' on my blessings before she hits that
open road
Baby get ready
Get set
Don't go
Darn you Miley! Now my mom was crying in the car while my brother looked on slightly awkwardly and I felt guilty about making my mom all teary. However we made it to the airport and met my dad there to check in my luggage and for them to see me off. After some weight redistribution between suitcases, and about a million pictures of me with the family I headed off, my mom of course in tears again.
Looking back that whole experience the last 24 hours made me realized how much my family loves me and will miss me, and that leaves a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Looking back that whole experience the last 24 hours made me realized how much my family loves me and will miss me, and that leaves a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside.
No comments:
Post a Comment