As I was pondering this minimalist move at the store where I was buying my one and only suitcase I decided to really commit and bought a carry-on sized suitcase. Everyone who I talked to about this carry-on sized move thought I was being a bit over the top, and I have to admit that as I sat down to pack I was beginning to get concerned myself. I don't really need to take much besides the basic necessties, but clothes were the most difficult. However, I reminded myself how even though I had tons of cloths with me in Samoa, I endedup wearing my favorites most of the time - so this time I decided to take only a few clothes, but those that I really liked. I sorted what clothes to take, and then I went through a couple more times and culled out the least necisarry. Here is my final list in the end:
- 1 netbook, charger and case
- a mouse
- camera/charger
- a couple plug adapters and a converter
- iPod/cord
- Notebook to write down German I learn through the day
- couple pens and pencils
- A few meds/bandaids
- brush/hairties
- face wash
- face lotion
- toothbrush
- deotorant
- razor
- tweezers
- travel sized shampoo/ conditioner
- Bird of Europe field guide (duh!)
- 2 more books
- Frye boots
- Old faux ugg boots
- Chuck taylors
- black flats
- old navy flip flops
- winter coat
- rain jacket
- northface fleece
- hat/gloves/scarf
- 4 dresses of varying degrees of dressiness
- 3 pairs jeans
- 1 pair black pants
- 1 black skirt
- 1 pair mesh shorts
- 1 pair leggings
- 5 tank tops
- 5 short sleve shirts
- 3 long sleeve shirts
- 5 sweaters
- some underthings and socks
- 3 packing cubes
- reusable shopping bag
- tote bag
- purse/wristlet
- travel towel
- bathing suit
- small jar of extra chunky peanut butter
I was actually pretty proud of myself. I was packed to move to Europe (hopefully for a year or more) with little enough stuff that I could carry it all on the plane (but I won’t cause I don’t want to lug it around – but I could, and that’s the cool bit). I feel so free already!
No comments:
Post a Comment